Tuesday, February 26, 2008
WikiWiki
I'll admit, when I am curious about a particular topic or am just plain born, I'll go to Wikipedia and "wiki" something. The wide range of topics included in Wikipedia allow for a person to stay online long periods of time reading interersing articles about global warming, politics and Star Wars. I LOVE the idea for a book review wiki. Although the card cataglog provides a short synopsis and review of a novel, it does not necessarily mean that the opinion will match everyone else's. Creating a wiki for people to post book reviews would allow people to see multiple opinions on the same book. Then, after carefully reading the reviews, the person could more easily decide whether or not the book would be worth reading. I think that wikis could also be used in research. The different members of a library staff could volunteer to research a topic that interests them and then wiki about it. Also, the idea of a community wiki is awesome. After all, people like to read items that they contributed to, which is the whole point of a wiki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment