Tuesday, February 26, 2008
IM Reference
I think IMing a librarian for help would be such a cool thing to do. There are numerous people who are unable to travel to the library because of their busy schedules and are too impatient to call and wait on the phone. However, with IM, they can continue to do their work as the librarian helps provide answers to the questions asked. A scenario that would work for me is any type of research paper. I could be writing a research paper and realize that I need another source. However, since the paper is due the next day, I am reluctant to visit the library. With IM, I could chat with a librarian and ask for help to find resources related to my research topic. While she is searching, I could continue working on my paper. The process if convenient for both librarians and customers, making the transfer of information quick and easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment