Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Delicious

Yum, delicious is just that, a tasty way to organize and share information with friends and colleagues. No longer will my friends and I have to go through the hassle of sending multiple e-mails of various websites. Now, I will not be frustrated that I have to bookmark my favorite sites everytime I use a new computer. The delicious program is amazingly easy to follow and a good way to start researching. Most people research by finding an article, which leads to another site, then another and so on. This process is made quicker and more effective through the use of tags in delicious. People can narrow down topics to a specific subject. In a way, delicious is a search engine, only more refined. Instead of having to narrow down topics, tags allow filtering by choosing more specific tags. In this way, libraries could use tags and folksonomy to share bookmarks with the public.

No comments: